Are you wondering if the legendary ominous villain from ‘Scream’ would be the perfect match for you when hunting down prey in Dead by Daylight? We got you covered with this detailed guide where we talk about Ghost Face and all his fancy moves in Dead by Daylight.
Ghost Face, or Danny Johnson, is a beloved Killer from the blockbuster ‘Scream’ brought back to life by the Entity in Dead By Daylight. This Killer has a particularly passive playstyle that is stealth-centric in nature. Even though the learning curve is a little shallow, this Killer is still extremely fun to play with.
Here is a detailed guide that covers everything there is to know about Ghost Face in Dead by Daylight to make it easier for you to decide whether to pick him or not.
Is Ghost Face (Danny Johnson) good for beginners?
To put it succinctly, you will need some experience before expecting to master Ghost Face in Dead by Daylight. Ghost Face is certainly not going to be a walk in the park when you are just starting to play the game.
He isn’t considered High Tier, and frankly put, survivors can easily counter him if they know how to play the game and understand Ghost Face’s Perk well enough. To even consider being a decent Ghost Face main, you will need to hone your DBD hunting skills from the very basics up.
Ghost Face lacks a good range of powerful base perks, which can make him intimidating for beginners. His Power, Night Shroud, essentially grants you the Undetectable Status Effect until you strike or are revealed by a Survivor. This Power has a cooldown of 30 seconds each time it gets deactivated.
Just to showcase, here is a brief summary of his basic attributes:
- 115% movement speed (4.6 meters per second). This is typically not that agile and is considered the average movement speed in Dead by Daylight.
- Movement speed when crouching down becomes 90% (3.6 meters per second). This is slower than the typical running speed set for survivors.
- Terror Radius: Around 32 meters. Once more, this is a typical average range in DBD.
- Height: Average Height.
Are Ghost Face Perks worth upgrading?
Ghost Face is the ideal Killer in Dead By Daylight for players who love to move stealthily and catch their prey by surprise. If you want to inflict fear upon those you predate, you should invest in Ghost Face’s Perks.
Ghost Face has an interesting catalog of perks accessible to him. Perks like “I’m All Ears” will let you obtain potential in Aura-reading ability and heighten your senses in the game, while others like “Furtive Chase” will make you obsessed with just a single Survivor to hunt him down in the most ominous of ways possible.
But perhaps the most important perk Ghost Face can obtain is exactly what you will need to be able to master this Killer, “Thrilling Terror”. With this perk, a Hex will be cast throughout the entire Trial revealing the Auras of all Survivors near any Dull Totem within a 4-meter radius. If used effectively and timely, you can hunt down Survivors as if you know their every move.
What Perks does Ghost Face Have?
Ghost Face has 3 unique perks that are special to him and can provide him with a competitive edge when hunting down Survivors.
With this Perk active, you will become obsessed with a Survivor. Once you get to hook your obsession, this perk will receive a token. You can get at max 2 tokens for this perk, and each one will decrease your terror radius by 4 meters while you chase. That’s not all, once the obsession gets unhooked by an ally, that ally becomes the next obsession. You will lose all of your tokens once your obsession gets sacrificed.
I’m All Ears
This heightens your keen senses in the Entity’s dark realm. You will unlock potential in your aura reading capability, and can easily detect the aura of any survivor running within 48 meters from your location for up to 6 seconds. This perk has a cooldown of 60 seconds.
This is perhaps Ghost Face’s most important perk. Once activated by choosing a Survivor, all the generators in the vicinity that are not yet repaired will get blocked by the entity for a 16-second duration, allowing you to create havoc and also hinder any progression on other corners of the map.
What Weapon does Ghost Face have?
Ghost Face, or Danny Johnson, will appear just like his movie counterpart in Dead By Daylight. You can expect this bloodthirsty psycho to bear no arms except for a Knife, as he wishes to hear the ‘screams’ of his victims when he dices them down with it.
What Power does Ghost Face have?
The Ghost Face used to study his victims for weeks, meticulously registering their habits. When the urge to kill swelled, he’d know exactly how and where to strike.
Whenever your Power Gauge is completely filled, you can press the Power button to activate Night Shroud. When active, Night Shroud grants Ghost Face the Undetectable Status Effect until he either gets revealed by a Survivor or attacks any survivor with his Knife.
Once deactivated, your Power Gauge will be depleted for 24 seconds.
Is Ghost Face fun to play?
Ghost Face can be really refreshingly fun to play if you prefer a challenge when playing as the Killer in Dead By Daylight. His main power, Night Shroud, is particularly fun to utilize once you get the hang of it.
In fact, Once you have activated Night Shroud, you can be provided with a secondary ability as well where you get to easily stalk Survivors until they reach the Exposed Status. This Status Effect will consequently mean even one strike is plenty to hack down all the survivors.
Even though countering Ghost Face is generally quite easy, people really enjoy playing this stealth-based psychotic Killer as their main. Many people get to hone their skills in DBD through Ghost Face and learn to be able to memorize all the survivor spawn locations and generators.
All in all, it seems to be the ideal time to dig into the Dead By Daylight fandom and be able to select from a growing roster of very fun and interesting Killers.
What are some tips and tricks to get better with Ghost Face?
- When you begin a match with Ghost Face, you will soon realize that your ability gauge is already full and ready to utilize. This is a clear indication of its importance. Therefore, we recommend that you start utilizing Ghost Face’s ability right off the bat when you are able to move around as it’s indefinite until you strike a Survivor or get revealed.
- Try to activate and utilize his abilities and perks as much as possible. Ghost Face is an easily countered Killer, especially without his power and abilities. You should use them to the max if you want to secure easy kills.
- You should try your best to learn where each Survivor Spaw Location is at to better predict the generators the Survivors would most likely go towards. Developing this skill can save you a perk space in case you intend to use the Corrupt Intervention Perk.
- Once you activate Ghost Face’s power, Night Shroud, you can use a secondary ability called ‘Stalk’. This allows you to sneak and observe Survivors from a good distance as Night Shroud completely eradicates his terror radius. Thus, you can stalk and sneak up to Survivors without being noticed and revealed as long as you are stealthy and careful.
- If you Stalk Survivors long enough, you can cause them to get the Exposed Status. After this point, you can basically one-shot them.
- If you manage to strike a Survivor from the back when they are performing some activity, such as working on generators, you will get rewarded with a grab. This basically means you can straight up take them towards the hook to hang them as a sacrifice to the Entity.
- With Ghost Face, you should adopt a more passive playstyle. Ghost Face is all about being subtle and cunning. Stealthily creep towards unsuspecting Survivors and then stab them in the back for a deadly surprise.
That’s everything for now on Ghost Face in Dead by Daylight. We hope you find this guide helpful and stay tuned for more on DBD in the days to come.