The Legion or Frank, Susie, Julie, and Joey are the 10th killer added to Dead by Daylight. They are basically four souls trapped in a single demented body. What makes them stand out? Are there any perks to upgrade? Tactics you can use to get multiple kills with this killer? All will be answered in the ultimate guide to the Legion.
The Legion is a fast-paced maniac. His prowess lies in group pressure and chaining attacks on multiple targets. It is best to hit survivors and immediately go on the hunt for another to maximize his lethal Feral Frenzy ability. If you can get all four survivors in a single ability use then there is no stopping you. His sheer speed makes him one of the best killers in the game.
Here is a detailed guide that covers everything there is to know about The Legion in Dead by Daylight to make it easier for you to decide whether to pick them or not.
Is The Legion (Frank, Julie, Susie, Joey) good for beginners?
The Legion is a great killer for players who are just starting out their killing careers. He is extremely easy to pick and play. His Feral Frenzy ability is designed to put pressure on the entire survivor team. However, you need to be aware of the nitty-gritty of this ability to save yourself from inadvertently halting your chaining potential.
Are The Legion Perks worth upgrading?
Staying true to his group pressure playstyle, the Discordance perk synergizes with this killer really well. Having the information of two survivors on generators gives you a greater opportunity to chain slashes between the two. The other two perks have a very narrow use case thus ignoring them is the right call.
The Demogorgan’s Fearmonger perk works really well with this killer. It will slow down any survivor who interacts with a generator, opening them up for easy chases.
What are The Legion Perks?
The Legion has 3 unique perks with three tier levels:
Any Generator within a range of 64/96/128 meters that is being repaired by 2 or more Survivors is marked by a yellow Aura.
- When the Generator is first highlighted, this perk triggers a Loud Noise Notification on the Generator.
- After the Generator is no longer within range or is being repaired by just 1 Survivor, the highlighted Aura will linger for another 4 seconds.
Whenever you are carrying a Survivor, this perk activates:
- Removes the Cool-down of missed Basic Attacks.
- Pauses the Wiggle Progression of the carried Survivor for 2/3/4 seconds each time you successfully hit another Survivor.
Iron Maiden increases your Locker Search speed by 30/40/50 %. Survivors who exit a Locker suffer from the following afflictions:
- Scream and reveal their location to you for 4 seconds.
- Suffer from the Exposed Status Effect for 30 seconds.
What Weapon does The Legion have?
The Hunting Knife is the weapon of choice for The Legion. This nifty little blade plays well into his high-speed hit-and-run playstyle.
What Powers does The Legion have?
Speaking of high speed, this dudes/dudettes turns into a slashing maniac with his Feral Frenzy power. Once the power meter is full, you can activate the ability to get a burst of acceleration. During this time, he can execute two unique feats, Feral Vault and Feral Slash.
As suggested by the name, Feral Vault is the power to vault over Windows and even Pallets swiftly. Bypasses the long vaulting animation while the Frenzy is active.
Feral Slash is where things get interesting. In the state of Frenzy, the killer’s normal attacks turn into Feral Slashes that put survivors into an Injured State and inflict the Deep Wound Status Effect.
Additionally, each successful slash will refill the killer’s power allowing him to continue to stay in the state of Feral Frenzy. On top of that, he gets a further speed boost with every slash landed. The starting four slashes will raise his pace 4 times, and the fifth one is a guaranteed downed survivor.
Not stopping there, all the survivors who haven’t been slashed already will have their location revealed to the killer if they are within the killer’s Terror Radius when you slash a survivor.
The only brakes to this breakneck madness is the inability to see Scratch Marks and Pools of Blood while in Frenzy. Furthermore, if you end up hitting a survivor with the Deep Wound Status Effect then you will lose the Frenzy. Likewise, whenever you miss a Feral Slash, it will also pull you out of Frenzy.
Is The Legion fun to play?
The Legion is an exciting killer to play in Dead by Daylight. He will get your blood pumping and you will be zooming all over the trial trying to hit and run every survivor. This killer’s kit incentivizes multiple chases. Chaining multiple hits on all four survivors will reap the most benefit.
He is great for beginners and veterans alike, and the right set of hands will annihilate the whole survivor squad before they complete a single generator. A little practice understanding his Feral Frenzy and the many ways it can be interrupted to avoid those instances will go a long way.
What are some tips and tricks to get better with The Legion?
Here are some tips that you can employ when playing as this killer:
- You can not go wrong with any add-ons like Mischief List which increases the Feral Frenzy duration.
- Scratched Ruler add-on is great for quickly recharging Feral Frenzy ability.
- Prioritize groups over individuals.
- We can not stress this enough, try to chain-slash all four survivors to gain optimal speed boost and the ability to insta-down your next target.
- Having multiple survivors with the Deep Wound infliction will cause a massive slowdown while they mend themselves so use that to your advantage.
- Move on to other survivors in Feral Frenzy to maximize your ability duration especially if they are close by. If they are further away then stay committed to the lonesome survivor.
- As soon as you hit a survivor while in Frenzy, immediately scan the surroundings. There is a chance Killer Instinct will pick up nearby survivors for you to continue chaining attacks.
- Hooking survivors near generators is a nice way of baiting them. Keep lurking in the vicinity to get a jump on multiple survivors lured in by the generator or the need to unhook their mate.
The Legion needs to be played to his strengths in Dead by Daylight. If you stay focused on single targets then you will definitely miss out on his potential. Get in the head of the killer and become part of this menacing ensemble.