The world of Dark Souls Remastered is too big for a player to simply run around from one corner to another. However, the fast travel in this game doesn’t work like other soul-like games. There are certain conditions and locations one needs to go to to use fast travel in Dark Souls Remastered. Here is how it works:
You can fast-travel in Dark Souls Remastered once you get the Lordvessel from Gwynevere in Anor Londo. You have to then place it in the Firelink Altar in Firelink Shrine. This will enable you to travel instantaneously to certain bonfires using the Warp option. You’ll have to kill Ornstein and Smough to reach Gwynevere.
Fast Traveling in Dark Souls Remastered
The fast-traveling option isn’t available from the get-go. You need to follow these steps first:
- You must have rung both of the initial bells first and then made your way to Anor Londo.
- Progress through the level until you come across the boss battle against Ornstein and Smough.
- Once they are defeated, take the elevator in the room to head to the second floor. Make sure to light the Bonfire.
- Head into the room with the giant lady Gwynevere. Talk to her, and she will give you the Lordvessel. This is the key item that’ll unlock fast travel.
- Next, go back to Firelink Shrine and talk to Kingseeker Frampt. He will take you to an area underneath where he is located.
- You should now place the Lordvessel in the Firelink Altar, and this will unlock the ability to Warp between certain Bonfires.
Whenever you interact with these particular Bonfires, you will see the Warp option which can take you to other Bonfires. As mentioned, there are only a few locations that support bonfire-fast travel. Therefore, you will have to memorize the layout of the game to make the most out of your fast traveling.
Fast Travel Locations
Here are all the locations you can Fast Travel to in Dark Souls Remastered:
- Firelink Shrine
- Altar of Sunlight
- Chamber of the Princess (Anor Londo)
- Anor Londo
- Darkmoon Tomb (Anor Londo)
- Altar of the Gravelord (Gravelord Nito’s Tomb)
- Daughter of Chaos (Queelag’s Domain)
- Stone Dragon (Ash Lake)
- Painted World of Ariamis. You can only warp to this location and cannot warp from it.
- The Abyss
- Undead Parish
- Tomb of the Giants
- The Duke’s Archives
- Crystal Cave
- DLC Locations:
- Sanctuary Garden
- Oolacile Sanctuary
- Oolacile Township
- Chasm of the Abyss
The fast-traveling system in Dark Souls Remastered doesn’t work like other Dark Souls and even other Souls-like. You can only teleport to a specific few Bonfires and not all of them. But it sure beats the annoying treks between key locations, especially if you are farming or following a side quest.
All in all, Fast Travel is an insanely useful mechanic that is available in the later portions of Dark Souls Remastered. The reason for it appearing so late is to make it easier for the player to travel after unlocking the majority of the map. You can Fast Travel using bonfires however, the locations are limited.