Roblox is an insanely popular game and the company that developed it is now a publicly listed enterprise with a value of around $20 Billion. That is a huge number, especially for a game company and the fact that they only developed this one gaming platform. How are they able to reach these stratospheric heights? Well, it is owed solely to the surprisingly gargantuan number of players that are playing this game.
The total number of accounts registered to Roblox is around 3.9 billion! And the number of daily active users is around 52.2 million.
How Many Roblox Accounts Are There?
Yes, you read that right around 3.9 Billion accounts are registered on Roblox. This growth is astronomical even though the game didn’t get much traction back when it launched in 2006. This sudden skyrocketing of players is due to this game’s success at capturing an insane following of influencers.
Many YouTubers and game streamers began playing this game and creating their own fun. While their younger audiences were getting influenced by their favorite online celebrity. Another reason for this growth is that, unlike most games where the player has to have a rather expensive console or PC to play, Roblox is playable for free on almost any device at your disposal.
From old laptops to mobile and tablets, the game is available everywhere. And for young children getting heavily influenced by social media and parents not buying them expensive machinery, they can get easy access to this game on the devices they already have at home. Slowly and steadily, all these factors combined to create this now Godzilla of a game called Roblox.
As of September 2022, there are roughly 3.9 billion Roblox accounts in total.
You can tell because of the userid system.
For example, the 1st Roblox user would have userID 1. Then the next person would have userid 2, then 3, 4, and so on. Your userID is the number in your profile. (Roblox.com/users/(USERID)/profile). We made an account as of the day of writing this article and got the userID that you can see below:
Yes, that means there are 3,944,106,386 Billion accounts at the time of making this account. There is an estimation that 25 accounts are made each second on Roblox. WTH! No wonder good games are a dying breed!
Other Insane Numbers From Roblox
You have already seen the insane number of accounts and the daily active users, let us see some other mind-boggling numbers from Roblox:
- 52.2 Million Daily Active Users
- 11.3 Billion Engagement Hours for just the second quarter of 2022. Yup, that is the total number of hours this game has been played around the world for only a quarter of a year. That is 1.2 Million years worth of time!
- 12 Million Creators. These are the number of people making games on this platform.
- 32 Million experiences. These are the number of games available on this platform.
- 204 Million average monthly players.
- Biggest daily active user audience segment of Roblox game by age group: 13 years and older.
- $538 million has been paid to its community of game developers from around the world.
- Roblox once clocked 5.7 million concurrent users, making that its all-time peak usage.
- More than 5.8 billion virtual items (both free and paid) got acquired in 2021.
- Roblox’s largest age group is 9 to 12-year-olds who make up 26% of its user base.
- Q2 2022 Revenue generated by Roblox Corporation worldwide is $591 Million.
- 2021 Annual revenue generated by Roblox Corporation worldwide is $1.9 Billion from $923 Million last year.
- Mobile devices account for 75% of the platform’s user sessions, eclipsing desktop sessions by 47%.
- Roblox is used by people from over 180 countries.
- In February 2022, the Roblox app earned $45.99M, $15.49M, and $9.14M from iPad, iPhone, and Google Play, respectively.
There are so many more insane numbers that we have left out. Roblox is not just a game but a force of nature at this point that rules the mind of countless kids all over the world. The title of this article said the answer would be surprising but going through the whole thing, you surely will be scrapping your jaw from the floor!