In Diablo 3, Blood Shards are an important currency you’ll have to grind at some point in your playthrough. The vendor Kadala uses Blood Shards as currency for players to purchase items in Diablo 3. Here are ways you can obtain Blood Shards in Diablo 3.
You can obtain Blood Shards by completing Bounties, which are quests in Adventure Mode. You can also get them by doing Rifts and Greater Rifts, completing Challenge Rifts, and converting Gems at the Jeweler.
If you wish to learn more about ways to get Blood Shards in Diablo 3, then keep reading this article.
1. Completing Bounties
You might already know Kadala, a vendor often found in major towns of Diablo 3. This NPC is incredibly important because he will sell specialized gear in exchange for Blood Shards. A key component in endgame progression systems is the use of Blood Shards. Ancient or Primal Ancient versions of certain legendary items require Blood Shards.
This means If you’re going for certain builds or types of items. Then you will have to farm as many Blood Shards as you can get your hands on. To this end, in this section of the guide, we’ll explain the best ways to obtain Blood Shards in Diablo 3.
I seriously urge that you stop relying on random drops from monsters or treasure chests. And adopt one of the methods mentioned in the following section:
Suppose you’ve been playing Diablo 3 for any length of time. Then you will know that Bounties are special tasks completed in Adventure Mode. These tasks can reward you with valuable items, gold, and, most importantly, Blood Shards.
Follow these steps to obtain Blood Shards from Bounties in Diablo 3:
- First, Access Adventure Mode. To Access this mode, you must have completed Act V of the Campaign.
- Second, select a particular Bounty. These will be available on the map and marked as exclamation points.
- The next step is pretty straightforward. Simply complete the Objective of the task.
- Finally, you can collect the reward of Blood Shards once the objective is complete.
You can now repeat this process of completing Bounties in Diablo 3 to obtain a wealth of Blood Shards. An important thing to note is. The amount of Blood Shards you collect will depend on the difficulty of the Bounty you complete. Best of luck with them.
2. Rifts and Greater Rifts
Special dungeons in Diablo 3 are called Rifts and Greater Rifts. These provide you with several great rewards, including Blood Shards. If you’re looking to get as many Blood Shards from Rifts and Greater Rifts, then do the following:
- Access Adventure Mode in Diablo 3.
- You’ll have to complete Bounties to obtain Keystones. You can also purchase them from Orek.
- You can now use Keystones to enter Rifts and Greater Rifts.
- You can now enter the Rift and Defeat the Rift Guardian to complete the Rift.
- Similarly, defeat the Greater Rift Guardians in Greater Rifts to complete them.
Regardless of which type of Rift you choose, you will obtain many rewards in the end. These rewards will especially contain a high amount of Blood Shards. As we discussed earlier can be used for important upgrades in the game.
3. Challenge Rifts
Unlike Rifts and Greater Rifts, Challenge Rifts pit you against other players’ completed Greater Rift runs. In a way, it’s a special kind of game mode that adds variety to the game and is a great way to obtain Blood Shards.
If you’re looking to complete Challenge Rifts, then do the following:
- Gain Access to Challenge Rifts
- This can be achieved from the main menu by selecting the Challenge Rift option
- Compete in the Challenge Rift against a pre-made character of another player.
- Complete the Rift as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Collect the Reward
Completing Challenge Rifts can be difficult but is extremely rewarding. You’ll notice that you earn a lot of Blood Shards from this method. You can re-do this method as often as you want to gain Blood Shards to trade with Kadala.
4. Convert Gems at the Jeweler
The last method you can use to obtain Blood Shards is the Gem Conversion function at the Jeweler of any town. Read on to learn how you can do it:
- Go to any town and access the Jeweler
- Navigate to the Gem Conversion Tab
- Select the gem you wish to covert into Blood Shards
- You can select any gem type and quality
- Click on “Convert” to begin the gem conversion process.
- The quality of your gem will decide the amount of Blood Shards you receive.
These were 4 ways that you could easily obtain Blood Shards in Diablo 3. You might think gambling them away to Kadala can be stressful, but the legendary items, weapons, and armor they can provide is some of the best in the game. Hope to see you on the battlefield!