Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands has many quests that can be quite difficult to understand, but can ultimately be deemed fair. However, nothing can be quite as frustrating as not being clearly told how to execute a specific ability that halts your progress entirely if you are unable to perform it. The Knights Toil Quest has a moment in its quest-line just like that.
In the quest the player is asked to make a Slam Attack against Llance’s Mushroom, but you are given no indication as to how to perform this action or how to even reach Llance in the first place. Naturally, this has frustrated lots of players, and has caused them to seek their answers elsewhere. Worry not, friends, for we have come bearing the answers to this inscrutable quest through this guide.
In order to perform the Slam Attack in the Knights Toil Quest you must do the following:
- To reach Llance’s Mushroom jump on top of the mushrooms on the ground close to him.
- This will launch you a considerable distance upwards towards Llance
- Once you reach the apex of your jump and begin descending, click the crouch button
- The crouch button may vary depending on your gaming system
- Your character will now perform a Slam Attack
- Make sure you aim for the Mushroom Llance is standing on in order to send him flying to his demise.
One important fact to remember is that the Crouch button might differ based on whichever console you’re using to play the game. If you’re a Playstation player then the button will be O and if you’re a Xbox player then the button will be B.
What is your Ground Slam Button?
One of the biggest hurdles to completing the Knights Toil Quest successfully for many players is not knowing what their Crouch/Ground Slam button even is? An easy fix to this situation is for players to access their Menu, and go to the tab labelled Controls.
This section highlights how all the buttons on your controller or mouse/keyboard are mapped. If you scroll down on this menu you will find the mapping called Crouch/Slide/Ground Slam. It is this option that will let you know what precisely is the button you need to press in order to activate your Slam Attack.
How to reach Llance’s Mushroom?
Another major issue that you might realize is that Llance’s is considerably elevated in comparison to your character. This makes doing a simple jump and Slam difficult as it does not fulfill the quest objective. However, there is a simple solution to this issue.
If you turn around you will notice that there is a small crate, a tree stump and a large mushroom close to you on the ground. The mushroom in this instance can be utilized like a trampoline to increase the height of your jump by a considerable margin.
You are thus recommended to jump on top of the tree stump and then whilst aiming at Llance’s mushroom jump on top of the mushroom next to the tree stump. This will propel you right over Llance’s mushroom providing you with an amazing opportunity to Slam Attack.
There is, however, one small issue that arises if you’re not careful whilst carrying this mushroom jump out. If the player presses the Ground slam button too early then you will fall short of hitting Llance’s mushroom and will have to do everything over again.
An easy method to avoid this is to wait until your character reaches the apex of their jump. This is the point after which you do not gain anymore height from the jump and instead begin to fall.
If you notice whilst you’re falling that you’re close to the edge of Llance’s mushroom then press the Ground Slam button O if you’re a Playstation player and B if you’re an Xbox player. This will cause you to perform the Ground slam and you will be able to send that pesky Llance to Tiny Tina’s graveyard.
General Tips regarding the Slam Attack
The Ground Slam or Slam Attack is an excellent melee ability if you want to jump into the thick of battle and create some much needed disruption. Here are a few tips we would provide to use this attack effectively.
- Be wary of its long animation lock. A few seconds might not seem like a lot on paper, but sometimes they can be the difference between life and death. If you miss with the Slam Attack it is very likely that enemies will attack you instantly, especially strong melee combatants. Measure your Slam attack distance wisely and use it when you aren’t afraid of retaliation.
- The Slam Attack works excellently against a large group of smaller enemies. This is because you can usually stagger them by slamming into them and can do a sizeable chunk of AOE damage. Use this whenever you feel like the crowd’s getting a bit too dense for your liking.
- It can be an excellent tool for engaging an unsuspecting enemy. If you’re positioning yourself stealthily and need a quick drop into the action whilst also disorienting the enemy then this attack will be a fine addition to your arsenal.
And that’s all you need to know regarding the Slam Attack and the Knights Toil Quest in Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands. Let us know if you’ve got any queries or suggestions. We’d love to get your feedback. Until next time! Ciao.