Elden Ring is full of secrets. If you have been following the lore of the game, you will know that new things are being discovered daily and there is still a lot to uncover. The game is soo massive that it will probably take years to find everything hidden in the game world. One question a lot of people might be asking is regarding what the Two Fingers in the Roundtable Hold are.
The Two Fingers in the Roundtable Hold are the interpreters for the Greater Will, which is basically the essence holding everything together in Elden Ring lore. It is extremely confusing, but most people try to think of the Greater Will as the Force from Star Wars. The Two Fingers are in direct contact with the Greater Will.
Lore in FromSoft games are always very in-depth, so we will try to be extremely clear about the information we give. We tried to find the best possible answers to these questions so we hope that this article will answer your questions thoroughly. Keep in mind that there are SPOILERS in this article, so if you haven’t beat the game yet, don’t read the rest of this article.
SPOILER WARNING PAST THIS POINT
What are the Two Fingers?
As we said before, the Two Fingers are basically the interpreters for the Greater Will. The Greater Will gives its information to the Two Fingers, and then the Finger Readers around the world are the ones who the Fingers give the information. It is very confusing but the Finger Readers are the ones who relay the information to the people of the world.
People who have beaten the game and had a question about the final boss, the Elden Beast is not the Greater Will. It is basically a culmination of the Elden Ring. It is a guardian of the Greater Will and is not related to the Two Fingers. What is interesting though, all the Demi-gods in the game were actually gifted their own Two FIngers by the Greater Will.
You know how you go and activate your Great Runes at the top of all those Divine Towers, you always have to activate the Runes within dead Two Fingers. Those are the Two Fingers for each of the bosses you have defeated. The most interesting thing in the game is the Three Fingers you meet to get the Frenzied Flame Ending.
A lot of people think that the Two Fingers represent Order and the Three Fingers Represent Chaos. If you put these together, you get a perfect balance by having a full hand. We can’t go too far into the lore, but basically, all the Fingers in the game represent their own role and have a specific job to do.
Who is Finger Reader Enia?
Enia is a part of a group of people called the Finger Readers. These are people who help the Tarnished through their journey by reading their fingers. There are a lot of Finger Readers you meet along your journey, but Enia is by far the most important one in the game. Not much is known about her as of yet, but she is one of the most important NPCs you will meet in the game.
She is the one that will take all your Remembrances and turn them into important items for you to use. She also gives you a Talisman Pouch later on in the story so make sure you are constantly talking to her throughout your playthrough. In the game’s lore, she is a direct interpreter for the Two Fingers, so there is a lot of lore that people haven’t really discovered yet.
As time goes on, more and more will be discovered about all the NPCs, but the game is extremely new as of this article. Enia is an extremely interesting character that also sells boss armor to the player after you defeat specific bosses. Always check her store for new stock and it will be very helpful later on when you need more defense.
How many Remembrances are there?
There are a total of 15 Remembrances in Elden Ring and you get them from defeating the main bosses of the game. There are some bosses that have these, but it seems like they shouldn’t, but that is beside the point. You can do whatever you want with these because they do give you Runes. The downside is that you can’t trade it in for some really cool items.
If you do get one, make sure to check with Finger Reader Enia in the Roundtable Hold and check what each one gives you. We laid out what every Remembrance is in the game and what they give you so if you have any of these, make sure to get one or the other items unless you just want to use it for Runes. We would highly recommend trading it in for an item though.
Here are all Remembrances and what they give you:
- Remembrance of the Grafted – Gives the Axe of Godrick or the Grafted Dragon
- Remembrance of the Full Moon Queen – Gives Renalla’s Full Moon or the Carian Regal Scepter
- Remembrance of the Starscourge – Gives the Starscourge Greatsword or the Lion Greatbow
- Remembrance of the Regal Ancestor – Gives the Winged Greathorn or the Ancestral Spirit’s Horn
- Remembrance of the Naturalborn – Gives Waves of Darkness or the Bastard’s Stars
- Remembrance of Hoarah Loux – Gives the Axe of Godfrey or Hoarah Loux’s Earthshaker
- Remembrance of the Black Blade – Gives Maliketh’s Black Blade or the Black Blade Incantation
- Remembrance of the Blasphemous – Gives Rykard’s Rancor or the Blasphemous Blade
- Remembrance of the Fire Giant – Gives the Giant’s Red Braid or Burn, O Flame!
- Remembrance of the Omen King – Gives Morgott’s Cursed Sword or the Regal Omen Bairn
- Remembrance of the Dragonlord – Gives the Dragon King’s Cragblade or Plasidusax’s Ruin
- Remembrance of the Lichdragon – Gives Fortissax’s Lightning Spear or Death Lightning
- Elden Remebrance – Gives Marika’s Hammer or the Sacred Relic Sword
- Remembrance of the Rot Goddess – Gives the Hand of Malenia or Scarlet Aeonia
- Remembrance of the Blood Lord – Gives Mohgwyn’s Sacred Spear or Bloodboon