Some of the usages of items in Terraria are not fully explained. They start to collect dust in our inventory without us knowing that these items hold great value. One such item in Terraria is the Wormhole Potion. What does it do exactly? When is the right time to use it? All of these questions will be answered in this article.
To use a Wormhole Potion in Terraria, you need to first have it in your inventory. You need to be in a multiplayer world for it to work. Once you have it, open the full-screen map and select the friend/player icon, and you will be teleported to their location instantly using the potion.
This detailed guide is going to brief you on how to use the Wormhole Potion in Terraria and the benefits of using it.
The Wormhole potion allows you to teleport to a team player’s location in an instant. You need to be on the same team as the player to use this item. This item will only work on multiplayer maps hence it won’t function in a single-player world.
You can get the potion in two ways. Either as a random drop from breaking Pots or killing Slimes. Or you can craft it using the following material:
- Crafting Station: Placed Bottle or Alchemy Table
- 3 Bottled Water: This serves as the basis of almost every craftable Potion in the game. Can be crafted using Water and a Bottle.
- 1 Spectacular Fish: Can be found in Forest and Snow biomes by fishing underground.
- 1 Blinkroot: It is a common Herb that grows naturally on Dirt or Mud blocks. Mostly found in Underground Layer.
You don’t have to be online, or your friends do not have to present for you to get this item. You can simply start a multiplayer world without anyone and start collecting this item.
Although it doesn’t work in a single-player map, you can still craft this potion using the items listed above.
How to Use Wormhole Potion
To use the Wormhole, you need to first make sure you have one in your inventory and also make sure you are in a multiplayer world. There has to be another player in the game for this potion to work. Once you have met these conditions, then do the following:
- Open the full-screen map by pressing the “M” button or whatever you have mapped the full-screen map toggle to.
- Locate the other player’s icon on the map.
- Select the icon, and you will be teleported to that player’s location. The potion will be consumed once you are teleported.
If you have disabled the minimap in the game settings, then it is not possible to use this item sadly.
The best time to use this potion is when you are separated from your team member or when you have died in a boss fight and want to get back into the fight.
The Wormhole Potion can save you the trouble of trekking back to your teammate. You can use it to get into any boss arena once your friend has started a boss fight. It is a must-have item when you are playing on a multiplayer map.