The Alchemist Archetype in Remnant 2 is a well-crafted ideal for many types of strategic gameplays of the latest survival shooter. This guide explores everything that you should know before you select The Alchemist as your Archetype.
The Alchemist serves as a great choice for an Archetype in Remnant 2 if you wish to play a strategically vital role in cooperative play. We explore its potential gameplay attributes and the reasons why you should opt for this Class in this guide.
Below we have covered everything for you related to the Alchemist class in Remnant 2 so it’s easy for you to decide if this archetype is something you want to pick.
What Makes The Alchemist A Good Class?
The Alchemist Archetype in Remnant 2 offers fans of the series a whole new array of strategies to concoct your game plan with.
As an Alchemist, you will be able to utilize different elements and items to make potent concoctions that could not only ensure your victory but provide your allies with the necessary buffs that could render them undefeatable.
You will have access to varying status-inflicting skills and perks, and your arsenal will be primarily long-ranged to facilitate your supportive role.
By choosing The Alchemist, you ensure a crafty game style filled with experiments, dynamic combats, and the experience befitting a mad scientist planning out every move and developing the right tool to inflict the most damage and protect his allies.
What Gear Does Alchemist Start With?
Alchemists get starting equipment such as starter’s weapons and armor. Let’s look into what becomes available:
Armor (Academic’s Set)
- Academic’s Hat: The Academic’s Hat is a lightweight helmet that offers 11 armor points to players. It provides resistance to Bleed, Blight, and Toxin Elemental Status Effects.
- Academic’s Overcoat: This medium-weight body armor can provide good protection worth 37 armor points to you. It also provides a great deal of Toxin Resistance, along with moderate Bleed and Blight Resistance.
- Academic’s Trousers: The Academic’s Trousers are medium-weight leg armor with 17 armor points and some level of Blight, and Toxins Resistance.
- Academic’s Gloves: These lightweight gloves provide proper protection against physical attacks with 7 armor points. Along with that, they also provide some degree of resistance to Blight and Toxin Elements.
- Wrangler 1860: The Wrangler 1860 is just the right primary weapon for an Alchemist in Remnant 2. This Long Gun provides a whopping 55 Damage with 10 Magazines and 50 Max Ammo capacity. It has a decent level of accuracy in its Ideal Range of 25 meters. It also offers a +110% Weak Spot Damage Bonus.
- Steel Flail: The Bone Chopper is The Alchemist’s starting Melee Weapon of choice in Remnant 2. This powerful hand axe can deal 58 Damage to foes it strikes. It offers a +105% Weak Spot Damage Bonus.
- Double Barrel: The Double Barrel is going to be your secondary weapon as an Alchemist. This short-barreled handgun is highly accurate in its Ideal Range of 7 meters. Although it has a very short Ideal Range, it can deal up to 110 Damage to enemies with 2 Magazines and 24 Max Ammo capacity. This makes it one of the most powerful handguns in the game. It offers a +100% Weak Spot Damage Bonus.
Is Alchemist a good choice for solo or Co-op?
The Alchemist offers a distinctly unique experience in Remnant 2. Its versatility makes it a good candidate for both solo campaigns and cooperative play.
Although it is primarily a support role, its abilities and skills which can provide buffs to one’s self and inflict elemental status effects onto enemies make it a potential play for solo mode as well.
The Alchemist’s abilities to provide buffs to allies and a degree of crowd control depending on the combat situation make it suitable for cooperative play as well. Additionally, you can set a secondary Archetype in either mode that could further boost your survivability in important fights.
There is a lot of room for flexibility in the style of gameplay you employ as an Alchemist in both modes so in the end it really depends on you.
What Perks does Alchemist start with?
The Alchemist starts in the game with a Prime Perk automatically available at the very start, called ‘Spirited’. This Prime Perk is unique to this Archetype alone and can be upgraded at various points upon leveling up the Archetype.
When using this Prime Perk, you will have an additional Concoction buff active.
When you first upgrade it after reaching level 5 as an Alchemist, this Prime Perk will enable you to have 2 Concoction buffs active simultaneously instead of just 1.
After the final upgrade once you reach Level 10, you can keep an additional Concoction Buff active, equaling a total of 3 Buffs at a time. All the other Perks are unlocked from level 1 onwards and are not automatically accessible at the start.
Are the Skills and Traits of The Alchemist worth it?
The Alchemist Archetype in Remnant 2 offers incredible Skills and Traits that truly enhance your gaming experience and are completely worth the investment.
The Alchemist has 3 Skills, only one of which can be active at a time. Since Skills have longer cooldowns, it is crucial to strategize their use.
Vial: Stone Mist is the first Skill The Alchemist learns automatically at the start of the game. This Skill generates a mysterious vapor cloud that can last up to 10 seconds and applies stoneskin. Cooldown: 72 seconds.
STONESKIN: This lowers all incoming damage to the player by 25% and greatly increases Blight Buildup and Decay Rate for 15 seconds. Additionally, it also reduces Stagger by 1, and can also make the target immune to any and all Status Effects.
PRESS: By pressing the Skill button, you will hit the Vial on the ground to create the vapor cloud at the Alchemist’s feet.
HOLD: When you hold the Skill button, you aim the Vial at a target. Releasing the button makes your character throw the Vial and create the vapor cloud in the targeted location.
Vial: Frenzy Dust is unlocked at level 5 and can generate a mysterious vapor cloud lasting for 10 seconds that applies Frenzied.
FRENZIED: This increases your Fire Rate, Reload Speed, and Melee Speed by 20%. It also provides a boost to your Movement Speed by 15%. Frenzied State lasts for 15 seconds with a cooldown of 72 seconds.
Vial: Elixir of Life is the last Skill unlocked at level 10. This Skill creates a vapor cloud that applies Living Will. This state lasts 20 seconds.
LIVING WILL: This state grants 5 HP heal per second and also automatically protects against any fatal damage. If thrown at allies, it can revive dead players if it regenerates their HP to Max Health while they are down. Revived players cannot be revived using this Skill again for 180 seconds.
Cooldown: 86.4 seconds.
The unique Archetype Trait Alchemists get is called ‘Potency’. At level 1, you will have +10% Consumable Duration. This can be further increased to +100% after reaching level 10.
Keep in mind that the use of any Skill and Trait available depends completely on your preferred playstyle. So, if you love the strategic route or just prefer using all your brain power on the battlefield instead of delivering pure brawns, The Alchemist as a support role could be your calling.
There you have it, folks a detailed overview of The Alchemist Archetype in Remnant 2. If you find this coverage beneficial and want us to keep producing such helpful content, share our work with your loved ones, and we’ll see you in the next one.